The STOE IPDS series shows unparalleled reliability, is built to serve the scientific needs: e.g. small molecules, proteins and electron density measurements, and gives full accessibility of the sample environment for easy adaptation of high and low temperature attachments as well as high pressure cells.
In addition, the IPDS 2T features the possibility to turn the whole goniometer around the θ axis to an angle of up to 60° yielding a 2θmax of 137°. Moreover, the possibility to add a second source makes it a diffractometer of unique versatility!
The structure solution of small molecules and proteins as well as electron density determination and powder investigations are no challenge for the IPDS 2T.
- One single instrument for small molecules & proteins
- High dynamic range (> 1:10⁵)
- Extremly low background (no dark current)
- Perfect for weak scatterers
- Reliable intensities of very weak and very strong reflections within the same frame
- Long lifetime, low maintenance, low costs of ownership
- Data collection up to 137° in 2θ (2T)
- Useful for Co radiation and electron density measurements (2T)
|SYSTEM||IPDS II||IPDS 2T|
|Goniometer||ω: 180° | φ: 360°||ω: 180° | φ: 360° | 2θ: 0°, 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°|
|Minimum d/Å||0.45 Ag Kα, 0.57 Mo Kα||0.30 Ag Kα, 0.38 Mo Kα, 0.83 Cu Kα|
|X-ray sources||Sealed Tubes: Ag, Mo, Cu | Microfocus sources: Ag, Mo, Cu||Sealed Tubes: Ag, Mo, Cu | Microfocus sources: Ag, Mo, Cu|
|Dimensions (Including system cabinet, max.)||1680 x 880 x 2110 mm||1680 x 880 x 2110 mm | Double Setup: 2050 x 1260 x 2110 mm|
|Weight (complete system)||490 kg||520 kg | Double Setup: 700 kg|
|Diameter Image Plate (active area)||340 mm||340 mm|
|Intrinsic noise||low noise due to absence of dark current||low noise due to absence of dark current|
|Linear dynamic range||> 1:10⁵||> 1:10⁵|
Find informative brochures below and delve deeper into application details within our Knowledge Center.
Your Experts for
IPDS II / 2T